Imperial Concubine Intrigue Garners 13 Billion Views, May Stem Streamer iQiyi’s Losses
Money-losing iQiyi Inc., which operates a streaming service similar to Netflix, could receive a new lifeline thanks to a hit period drama that has engrossed audiences both at home and abroad.
China’s top online video streamer has licensed “The Story of Yanxi Palace” to more than 70 markets, the company said in a statement on Aug. 13, one day after the saga of intrigue among imperial concubines attracted over half a billion views in one day — a new Chinese record for single-day online viewership.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas