Chart of the Day: Shenzhen No Longer a Top-10 Overseas Travel Destination
Hong Kong is estimated to have received more overseas visitors than any other world city this year, with Macau also ranking in the top 10 while Shenzhen’s slowing visitor growth has seen it relegated to number 11, a recent report said.
According to the report released by British research firm Euromonitor International on Tuesday, Shenzhen fell from 10th to 11th place this year after an estimated 12.4 million international tourists visited the Guangdong province city, up from 12.1 million in 2017. Its spot in the top 10 has been taken by Delhi, which the report estimates saw 23.1% growth in visitor numbers this year with 12.5 million arrivals.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5In-Depth: Investment Group CMIG Starts Asset Sales Amid Liquidity Crunch
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas