Q&A: Huawei Chairman Meets the Press
As China’s leading global technology brand face problems across the globe, the usually low-key Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. has opened up to a handful of foreign media outlets.
The telecom giant’s Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou was arrested in Canada on Dec. 1 on charges related to violations of U.S. sanctions, further straining tensions between Beijing and Washington. That came shortly after several countries banned Huawei from supplying 5G network equipment to domestic mobile carriers, with many observers pointing to security concerns over the company’s alleged ties to the Chinese military and Communist Party.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas