China Green Bulletin: Beijing’s Plan for Setting Eco-Friendly Industry Standards
The Caixin ESG biweekly has been upgraded to the China Green Bulletin! And what you receive is the free biweekly version. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep updated with green, energy and ESG news from China.
China to Establish Standard System for Green Industries
The Standardization Administration of China has joined seven other government bodies in issuing a plan on the standardization work during the 14th Five-Year Plan period (“十四五”推动高质量发展的国家标准体系建设规划). According to the plan, a series of regulations will be published over the next five years in green tech industries including efficient energy usage, renewable energy, CCUS (carbon capture, utilization and storage) and other low-carbon technologies, as well as services like emission MRV (measurement, reporting and verification), climate information disclosure, and green finance to help achieve China’s carbon goals.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: China’s Plan to Break Foreign Iron Ore Dependence — Mine More at Home
- 2Cover Story: Graft Scandal Casts Long Shadow Over China’s Chipmaking Ambitions
- 3Yuan Bonds Debut in Russia as Challenge to Dollar Dominance Builds
- 4Vacancy Rates in Chinese Cities Signal Risk of Oversupply
- 5Hong Kong to Announce Hotel Quarantine Cut as Soon as Monday
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas