For Alibaba, India Is the New China
(Beijing) — India has become the new China for many international tech companies as they seek better growth opportunities, and e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is at the center of the action.
Having conquered the world's most-populous nation with its online shopping platform and mobile-payment services, Alibaba is targeting India's nascent but booming market for online payments as a springboard to expand into its Asian neighbor and beyond.
- 1How Did an Ambitious Cross-Border Settlement Firm’s Dream Turn Sour?
- 2Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 3What Fallen Officials Did To Get Ahead and Avoid Getting Caught
- 4 China En Route to Driverless-Car Road Testing
- 5Chinese Battery-Maker Might Win Huge Volkswagen Contract