For Alibaba, India Is the New China
(Beijing) — India has become the new China for many international tech companies as they seek better growth opportunities, and e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is at the center of the action.
Having conquered the world's most-populous nation with its online shopping platform and mobile-payment services, Alibaba is targeting India's nascent but booming market for online payments as a springboard to expand into its Asian neighbor and beyond.
- 1Red Bull Owner Locks Horns With Chinese Partners
- 2Audit Uncovers Five Problems Plaguing Corporate China
- 3Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
- 4China to Accelerate SOE Consolidation in Bid to Build Corporate Giants
- 5Tencent Shares Hit Record High After Investment Invitation From State Rail Operator