The reporter will work for Caixin Global’s editorial team writing news on finance and economics. He or she will also work closely with Caixin’s Chinese language reporters to translate their stories, including both spot news and longer analyses and features. He or she must be able to work under deadline pressure, juggling breaking news and in-depth features.
Requirements: Knowledge of economic and financial news is essential, and experience writing both short- and long-form stories is preferred. Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working at an English-language domestic or foreign news outlet. Strong command of Chinese and English and strong English news-writing skills are a must.
Contact: Please submit your resume and writing samples to email@example.com
Caixin Global’s podcast team is seeking a post-production intern who is familiar with audio editing and can work set hours.
We are building something really cool — check out our recent episodes here: https://www.caixinglobal.com/audio/
What you’ll be doing:
1. Editing and posting daily episodes for the China Biz Roundup podcast.
2. Finding ways to promote the podcast using recordings available.
3. This is a late shift position, and the hours would include evenings. Working from home could be an option on certain days, but it is preferred that you work with the team at the Caixin Global newsroom in Beijing.
1. Working knowledge of Adobe Audition, or similar tools.
2. You must be available to work late shifts for five days a week. The internship runs for at least two months.
3. Great attention to detail and ability to deliver work on deadlines.
4. Previous experience at a university or other broadcast station would be an advantage.
5. Native English speaker is preferred, but not required.
The internship experience will provide you with solid training in the basics of broadcast journalism and daily news podcast production. The intern will develop a portfolio of materials and audio samples of their work at China Biz Roundup.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume AND reel/link to sample work to firstname.lastname@example.org