Caixin Global is looking for a sharp editor for its editing desk capable of handling business and finance stories. The ideal candidate will have experience working in news and editing copy written by non-native English speakers. This is a job that requires editors to do a lot of rewriting, so we’re looking for candidates comfortable with making copy their own while keeping the corporate and financial jargon to a minimum.
The candidate must be able to work on deadline, while juggling daily and feature stories. Expect to learn AP style and the minutiae of how money and regulation work, especially in China. Chinese reading ability is valuable, but not required.
Contact: To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The reporter will work for the editorial team’s economic and financial news desk in Beijing. He or she will work closely with Caixin’s Chinese-language reporters to translate and rewrite their stories, and also need to do original reporting. He or she must be able to work under deadline pressure, juggling breaking news and in-depth features.
1. Some knowledge of financial news is preferred.
2. An ideal candidate should have 1-2 years of experience working at an English-language news outlet, but recent graduates with interning experience at major news outlets can also be considered.
3. Pitching, research, translating, writing and fact-checking skills are essential.
4. Strong command of Chinese and English, and strong English news-writing skills are a must.
5. An ideal candidate should be a self-starter with good communication skills.
Contact: Please submit your resume and writing samples to email@example.com
Caixin Global is looking for an experienced journalist to write about China’s broad range of high-tech industries, from internet companies to makers of chips, computers, smartphones and PCs.
Requirements: At least five years of experience covering the sector is a must, including at least some time in China. Strong writing skills are also a must, including ability to write both short daily articles and longer in-depth stories. Fluency in written and spoken Chinese, as well as English, is also required. Both expats and local Chinese can be considered. Editing experience also a plus, though not necessary. The person would ideally join Caixin Global’s team in Beijing, but other Asian locations could also be considered.
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The reporter will work for Caixin Global’s editorial team writing news on China’s corporate world. He or she will also work closely with Caixin’s Chinese language reporters to translate their stories, including both spot news and longer analyses and features. He or she must be able to work under deadline pressure, juggling breaking news and in-depth features.
Requirements: Knowledge of China’s corporate landscape is essential, and experience writing both short- and long-form stories is preferred. Ideal candidate will have at least a year of experience working at an English-language domestic or foreign news outlet. Strong command of Chinese and English and strong English news-writing skills are a must.
Caixin Global Intelligence (CGI) is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China. Affiliated with Caixin Global and building upon Caixin’s research strength, CGI provides intelligence services, bespoke reports, consulting, access to experts, and conferences. We not only help overseas clients understand China, we also help them succeed in China.
As one of China’s most influential independent information service providers, Caixin provides its audience with both news and data. Caixin is also regarded as the most credible reference for the international business community to understand China
• Writing weekly and monthly reports on China’s economic, financial and industrial policies and developments
• Performing ad-hoc research and analysis for clients on important policies and data as they come out
• Serving clients: responding to client requests, handling individual policy research and consulting tasks
• Other content and research related duties including planning, preparating and executing Caixin Global events
• Participating in commercial planning and execution, coordinating with other Caixin departments in product promotion and sales
Working at Caixin Global, you will get
• Vision and experience at one of China’s top media and data groups
• An energized, inspirational and friendly working environment
• A deep understanding how China’s economy and financial markets work, the process of China’s reform and opening up, and the logic and rationale behind key decisions and policies
• Opportunity to improve research and communication skills
• Competitive salary and other benefits
• Native Chinese speaker, highly fluent in English; overseas work or study experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in Economics, Finance or Business-related disciplines
• 2 years of experience as an analyst or reporter covering macroeconomic or financial news
• Effective communication skills, able and willing to work and coordinate with other team members
• Able to conduct independent interviews and make reports accordingly
• Efficient time-management, capable of working under pressure
Contact: Please submit your cover letter, résumé and writing samples to email@example.com