China Delivers 30 Billion Parcels in 2016
(Beijing) — Chinese parcel deliveries passed the 30 billion mark for 2016, representing 23 packages for each of the nation's 1.3 billion people, according to new data released by the State Post Bureau.
A tea farmer in southeast China's hilly Guizhou province sent out the milestone 30 billionth parcel of the year on Tuesday using private courier ZTO Express, one of dozens of major private couriers to spring up over the last decade to compete with the older China Post.
- 1China Hits Brakes on Overseas Investment Drive
- 2Chinese Universities, Media Climb Steep Learning Curve to 21st Century
- 3American Airlines Taxis Closer to L.A.-to-Beijing Takeoff
- 4Central Bank Pledges Continued Stable Monetary Policy
- 5Central Bank Pushes Payment Companies to Connect With New Clearinghouse