Five Things to Know about Personal Forex Purchases in China
During the New Year weekend, China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) amended rules governing the purchase of foreign currency by Chinese citizens. Contrary to earlier widespread rumors, the exchange did not lower the amount that can be exchanged by individuals, but it did tighten scrutiny over the purchases.
1. What is the current quota for Chinese citizens purchasing foreign currency?
- 1China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 2Beijing Is Soaking Wet
- 3Authorities Investigate Claims of Cadmium-Laced Wheat From Central China
- 4Weibo and Other Websites Barred From Video Streaming by Authority
- 5Real Estate Tycoon Removed as Political Adviser Over Bribery Allegation