Five Things to Know about Personal Forex Purchases in China
During the New Year weekend, China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) amended rules governing the purchase of foreign currency by Chinese citizens. Contrary to earlier widespread rumors, the exchange did not lower the amount that can be exchanged by individuals, but it did tighten scrutiny over the purchases.
1. What is the current quota for Chinese citizens purchasing foreign currency?
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes