PBOC Set to Be First to Issue Digital Bills
(Beijing) – The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) completed a successful trial run of a digital bank acceptance exchange, moving closer to becoming the first central bank in the world to research and test its own digital currency.
According to sources from the PBOC, the central bank on Dec. 15 completed the trial in transactions and settlements of bank acceptance bills using a digital currency it developed, supported by blockchain technology – a secure digital ledger that records online transactions.
- 1Red Bull Owner Locks Horns With Chinese Partners
- 2Audit Uncovers Five Problems Plaguing Corporate China
- 3Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
- 4China to Accelerate SOE Consolidation in Bid to Build Corporate Giants
- 5Tencent Shares Hit Record High After Investment Invitation From State Rail Operator