Editorial: China’s Economic Transition Requires Open Government
Nine years after China introduced regulations mandating government information disclosure, policymakers and experts are stepping up efforts to amend the rules to further promote a system of open governance and strengthen citizens’ right to information. The revision gives policymakers an opportunity to create a regulatory framework that can better serve China’s economic transformation at a time when old, clunky industries are being replaced by high-tech manufacturing and services.
The Editor-in-Chief of Caixin Media.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion