Editorial: Tax Cuts Can Help China Retain Its Competitive Edge
U.S. President Donald Trump’s ambitious proposal to cut corporate and individual taxes is adding to the external uncertainties affecting China’s economy. It follows projections of a faster-than-expected pace of interest rate hikes by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
The one-page plan handed out by the White House in late April has few fresh details compared to what was promised by Trump during the campaign trail. But it is touted as the “biggest tax cut” for individuals since the Reagan administration and has drawn worldwide attention.
The Editor-in-Chief of Caixin Media.
- 1China Hits Brakes on Overseas Investment Drive
- 2Chinese Universities, Media Climb Steep Learning Curve to 21st Century
- 3American Airlines Taxis Closer to L.A.-to-Beijing Takeoff
- 4Central Bank Pledges Continued Stable Monetary Policy
- 5Central Bank Pushes Payment Companies to Connect With New Clearinghouse