Editorial: Tax Cuts Can Help China Retain Its Competitive Edge
U.S. President Donald Trump’s ambitious proposal to cut corporate and individual taxes is adding to the external uncertainties affecting China’s economy. It follows projections of a faster-than-expected pace of interest rate hikes by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
The one-page plan handed out by the White House in late April has few fresh details compared to what was promised by Trump during the campaign trail. But it is touted as the “biggest tax cut” for individuals since the Reagan administration and has drawn worldwide attention.
The Editor-in-Chief of Caixin Media.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence