Ant Financial Steams Into Uncharted Waters of Global Markets
(Beijing) — China’s largest internet financial-services provider, Ant Financial Services Group, is making mighty strides abroad by forging partnerships in Asia, Europe and the U.S. in a bid to connect its payment service, Alipay, with more customers and merchants globally.
Ant Financial, the former finance arm of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., last week announced a partnership with U.S. credit-card processing service First Data Corp., which will allow Alipay users to make payments at the 4 million U.S. merchants served by First Data. The deal came while Ant Financial was pushing for another deal to get a foothold in the global payment market via a $1.2 billion bid for U.S. money-transfer specialist MoneyGram International Inc.
- 1Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 2China’s Quest for ‘World Class’ Universities Triggers Spending Spree
- 3Despite Cryptocurrency Curbs, China Backs Underlying Technology
- 4Quick Take: China Postpones New Tax Rules on E-commerce Imports, Again
- 5China's COMAC Reports 130 New Orders for C919 Planes
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas