China Railway Opens Door for Alibaba to Join Share-Holding Reform Plan
(Beijing) — E-commerce giant Alibaba may get a chance to invest in China Railway Corp., as China’s state-owned rail operator prepares to join an early parade of state-owned enterprises selling stakes to the private sector as part of a national reform program.
CRC is working on a stake-holding reform plan, which includes securitization and capitalization of its assets, General Manager Lu Dongfu said earlier this week when he met with Alibaba Chairman Jack Ma. Lu welcomed Alibaba to be part of the reform plan.
- 1China Faces Daunting Challenges as Senior Care Comes of Age
- 2Cabinet Outlines Curbs on ‘Irrational’ Outbound Investment
- 3Doing Business in China: Joint Ventures Show Signs of Aging, but Still Have Some Life
- 4Schools for Migrant Children Vanishing as Beijing Combats Population Growth
- 5Is Sci-Fi the Next Big Chinese Cultural Export After Kung Fu?