China Railway Opens Door for Alibaba to Join Share-Holding Reform Plan
(Beijing) — E-commerce giant Alibaba may get a chance to invest in China Railway Corp., as China’s state-owned rail operator prepares to join an early parade of state-owned enterprises selling stakes to the private sector as part of a national reform program.
CRC is working on a stake-holding reform plan, which includes securitization and capitalization of its assets, General Manager Lu Dongfu said earlier this week when he met with Alibaba Chairman Jack Ma. Lu welcomed Alibaba to be part of the reform plan.
- 1China Unicom Says It Uncovered Massive Revenue Falsification in Shaanxi Unit
- 2Goodbye, Dali: Hip Tourist Spot Turns Into Ghost Town as Sewage Scare Prompts Shutdown
- 3Beijing Holds Its Breath as Ozone Levels Surge
- 4China Brands Dial Up More Than Half of India Smartphone Market
- 5 Opinion: One Belt, One Road: China’s 21st Century Marshall Plan?