From Business Giant to Micro Merchant: WeChat's Drive to Become Tech Superpower
(Beijing)–For hundreds of millions of Chinese people, opening the messaging app WeChat is an indispensable daily routine. It puts them only clicks away from chatting with friends, reading the headlines, making a restaurant reservation and buying goods and services.
Created in 2011 by social networking and online gaming giant Tencent Holdings, WeChat has evolved from a mobile-based text and voice messaging app into a super platform linking users with a vast array of services. It’s changing people’s everyday lives and the way business is done.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion