Anbang Says Chairman Wu Xiaohui Can’t Perform Duties
Anbang Insurance Group Co., the Chinese owner of landmark hotel Waldorf Astoria in New York, said its chairman and general manager Wu Xiaohui can’t perform his duties due to personal reasons.
The Beijing-based insurer said in a statement published on its website late Tuesday that Wu has delegated other executives to carry out his responsibilities and the company’s operations remain normal.
Anbang is China’s third largest insurer with 1.97 trillion yuan ($290 billion) in total assets.
Contact reporter Han Wei (email@example.com)
Read more about Anbang:
- 1How Did an Ambitious Cross-Border Settlement Firm’s Dream Turn Sour?
- 2Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 3What Fallen Officials Did To Get Ahead and Avoid Getting Caught
- 4 China En Route to Driverless-Car Road Testing
- 5Chinese Battery-Maker Might Win Huge Volkswagen Contract