Anbang Says Chairman Wu Xiaohui Can’t Perform Duties
Anbang Insurance Group Co., the Chinese owner of landmark hotel Waldorf Astoria in New York, said its chairman and general manager Wu Xiaohui can’t perform his duties due to personal reasons.
The Beijing-based insurer said in a statement published on its website late Tuesday that Wu has delegated other executives to carry out his responsibilities and the company’s operations remain normal.
Anbang is China’s third largest insurer with 1.97 trillion yuan ($290 billion) in total assets.
Contact reporter Han Wei (email@example.com)
Read more about Anbang:
- 1Red Bull Owner Locks Horns With Chinese Partners
- 2Audit Uncovers Five Problems Plaguing Corporate China
- 3Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
- 4China to Accelerate SOE Consolidation in Bid to Build Corporate Giants
- 5Tencent Shares Hit Record High After Investment Invitation From State Rail Operator