Anbang Says Chairman Wu Xiaohui Can’t Perform Duties
Anbang Insurance Group Co., the Chinese owner of landmark hotel Waldorf Astoria in New York, said its chairman and general manager Wu Xiaohui can’t perform his duties due to personal reasons.
The Beijing-based insurer said in a statement published on its website late Tuesday that Wu has delegated other executives to carry out his responsibilities and the company’s operations remain normal.
Anbang is China’s third largest insurer with 1.97 trillion yuan ($290 billion) in total assets.
Contact reporter Han Wei (email@example.com)
Read more about Anbang:
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion