Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank Makes First Equity Investment
(Beijing) — The China-backed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved its first equity investment, which will see $150 million being channeled to a fund focusing on infrastructure development in India, the bank said.
The investment will be made in the India Infrastructure Fund, which aims to drive private capital to invest in infrastructure projects in the South Asian nation. The fund will in turn help finance companies that invest in energy, utilities, transportation, telecommunications and other infrastructure projects.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion