Ex-Civil Affairs Minister Under Investigation
(Beijing) — Former Civil Affairs Minister Li Liguo and one of his then-deputies are being investigated by the ruling Communist Party's anti-corruption authority in connection with scandals plaguing the lottery system under the ministry, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Luo Dongchuan, a unit head at the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI), confirmed the investigation into the pair in response to a reporter’s question at a news conference in Beijing on Monday.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes