Ex-Civil Affairs Minister Under Investigation
(Beijing) — Former Civil Affairs Minister Li Liguo and one of his then-deputies are being investigated by the ruling Communist Party's anti-corruption authority in connection with scandals plaguing the lottery system under the ministry, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Luo Dongchuan, a unit head at the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI), confirmed the investigation into the pair in response to a reporter’s question at a news conference in Beijing on Monday.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract