Ex-Civil Affairs Minister Under Investigation
(Beijing) — Former Civil Affairs Minister Li Liguo and one of his then-deputies are being investigated by the ruling Communist Party's anti-corruption authority in connection with scandals plaguing the lottery system under the ministry, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Luo Dongchuan, a unit head at the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI), confirmed the investigation into the pair in response to a reporter’s question at a news conference in Beijing on Monday.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence