China Merchants Bank to Oversee Mobike Users’ Deposits
(Beijing) — China’s major bike-sharing company has invited a commercial bank to oversee its huge deposits of cash after state broadcaster CCTV aired a television segment that questioned how the money was used and criticized some of the terms of the bike contracts.
Beijing Mobike Technology Co. Ltd. said on Tuesday that China Merchants Bank (CMB) will manage a separate bank account for users’ deposits in a “strategic partnership.”
- 1China Hits Brakes on Overseas Investment Drive
- 2Chinese Universities, Media Climb Steep Learning Curve to 21st Century
- 3American Airlines Taxis Closer to L.A.-to-Beijing Takeoff
- 4Central Bank Pledges Continued Stable Monetary Policy
- 5Central Bank Pushes Payment Companies to Connect With New Clearinghouse