Baijiu Makers Benefit from Rising Middle Class, Reform in Sector
(Beijing) — Chinese liquor makers are seeing sales rebound after three years of declines amid a government crackdown on graft, thanks to a rising middle class and reform within the sector.
Before reporting revenue for 2016, the front-runner in terms of market value in the baijiu sector, Kweichow Moutai Co., forecast a 17% year-on-year gain for the first quarter of 2017.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes