Opinion: Will Xiongan Become China’s Third Growth Engine?
The establishment of the Xiongan New Area is too important for China watchers to ignore, as it is a key decision by the Chinese authorities that will affect the country’s future political and economic outlook.
Will Xiongan become a third economic engine just as the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone (SEZ) did in the 1980s, helping to kick-start China’s market reform, or the Shanghai Pudong New Area did in 1993, supporting the country’s opening-up?
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion