Opinion: Will Xiongan Become China’s Third Growth Engine?
The establishment of the Xiongan New Area is too important for China watchers to ignore, as it is a key decision by the Chinese authorities that will affect the country’s future political and economic outlook.
Will Xiongan become a third economic engine just as the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone (SEZ) did in the 1980s, helping to kick-start China’s market reform, or the Shanghai Pudong New Area did in 1993, supporting the country’s opening-up?
- 1Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 2China’s Quest for ‘World Class’ Universities Triggers Spending Spree
- 3Despite Cryptocurrency Curbs, China Backs Underlying Technology
- 4Quick Take: China Postpones New Tax Rules on E-commerce Imports, Again
- 5China's COMAC Reports 130 New Orders for C919 Planes