Response to Anbang Group’s Statement of April 29, 2017
Caixin Media published on April 28, 2017 the cover story “A Maze of Capital Leads to Anbang’s Aggressive Expansion” which analyzed two recent registration capital increases of Anbang Insurance Group. On April 29, 2017, Anbang Group issued a statement, alleging that Caixin’s article is an attack motivated by commercial reasons, and threatening that it would file a lawsuit against Caixin. Anbang’s allegations are completely fabricated and a blatant disregard of law.
Caixin Media has always upheld the highest ethical standard on professional integrity and public trust. It sets a strict firewall between its business and newsroom operations, preventing any possible erosion of its journalistic independence. Caixin Media strongly condemns Anbang’s defamatory statements, and reserves the right to bring legal actions moving forward.
Caixin Media Group
April 30, 2017
Tel：+86 10 8590 5204
- 1Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 2China’s Quest for ‘World Class’ Universities Triggers Spending Spree
- 3Despite Cryptocurrency Curbs, China Backs Underlying Technology
- 4Quick Take: China Postpones New Tax Rules on E-commerce Imports, Again
- 5China's COMAC Reports 130 New Orders for C919 Planes