Response to Anbang Group’s Statement of April 29, 2017
Caixin Media published on April 28, 2017 the cover story “A Maze of Capital Leads to Anbang’s Aggressive Expansion” which analyzed two recent registration capital increases of Anbang Insurance Group. On April 29, 2017, Anbang Group issued a statement, alleging that Caixin’s article is an attack motivated by commercial reasons, and threatening that it would file a lawsuit against Caixin. Anbang’s allegations are completely fabricated and a blatant disregard of law.
Caixin Media has always upheld the highest ethical standard on professional integrity and public trust. It sets a strict firewall between its business and newsroom operations, preventing any possible erosion of its journalistic independence. Caixin Media strongly condemns Anbang’s defamatory statements, and reserves the right to bring legal actions moving forward.
Caixin Media Group
April 30, 2017
Tel：+86 10 8590 5204
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion