New Disney ‘Pirates’ Film Makes Global Landfall in China
(Beijing) — The latest film in Disney’s hugely popular Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has washed ashore in Shanghai, along with its star-studded cast, marking the first global premiere in China for one of the U.S. entertainment giant’s blockbuster titles.
Franchise star Johnny Depp led the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales in a walk down the red carpet on Thursday for the film’s premiere at the year-old Shanghai Disney Resort. The film is the fifth in the franchise, with a cast that includes Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush and Javier Bardem.
- 1Red Bull Owner Locks Horns With Chinese Partners
- 2Audit Uncovers Five Problems Plaguing Corporate China
- 3Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
- 4China to Accelerate SOE Consolidation in Bid to Build Corporate Giants
- 5Tencent Shares Hit Record High After Investment Invitation From State Rail Operator