New Disney ‘Pirates’ Film Makes Global Landfall in China
(Beijing) — The latest film in Disney’s hugely popular Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has washed ashore in Shanghai, along with its star-studded cast, marking the first global premiere in China for one of the U.S. entertainment giant’s blockbuster titles.
Franchise star Johnny Depp led the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales in a walk down the red carpet on Thursday for the film’s premiere at the year-old Shanghai Disney Resort. The film is the fifth in the franchise, with a cast that includes Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush and Javier Bardem.
- 1How Did an Ambitious Cross-Border Settlement Firm’s Dream Turn Sour?
- 2Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 3What Fallen Officials Did To Get Ahead and Avoid Getting Caught
- 4 China En Route to Driverless-Car Road Testing
- 5Chinese Battery-Maker Might Win Huge Volkswagen Contract