China Unicom Says It Uncovered Massive Revenue Falsification in Shaanxi Unit
(Beijing) – China Unicom, the nation’s second-largest wireless carrier, has disciplined 73 employees in Shaanxi province after discovering widespread falsification of new business to inflate revenue from their areas, according to multiple company sources.
An internal investigation by China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd. determined the falsification in the north-central province was systemic, reaching up to the highest levels of management in individual cities where the fraud occurred, the sources told Caixin. Much of the investigation was detailed in an internal memo, which included reflection on why such massive internal data falsification had occurred, they added.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence