China Unicom Says It Uncovered Massive Revenue Falsification in Shaanxi Unit
(Beijing) – China Unicom, the nation’s second-largest wireless carrier, has disciplined 73 employees in Shaanxi province after discovering widespread falsification of new business to inflate revenue from their areas, according to multiple company sources.
An internal investigation by China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd. determined the falsification in the north-central province was systemic, reaching up to the highest levels of management in individual cities where the fraud occurred, the sources told Caixin. Much of the investigation was detailed in an internal memo, which included reflection on why such massive internal data falsification had occurred, they added.
- 1China Hits Brakes on Overseas Investment Drive
- 2Chinese Universities, Media Climb Steep Learning Curve to 21st Century
- 3American Airlines Taxis Closer to L.A.-to-Beijing Takeoff
- 4Central Bank Pledges Continued Stable Monetary Policy
- 5Central Bank Pushes Payment Companies to Connect With New Clearinghouse