Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
(Beijing) — In China, local government officials will no longer be able to get away with bad decisions on debt management even after their terms of office end.
Among the decisions from the National Financial Work Conference, concluded on Saturday, President Xi Jinping said local officials will be held accountable for life for their debt-management decisions. Officials who are found ignoring the risks of building up debt while pursuing economic growth will be pursued even after their terms end.
- 1Red Bull Owner Locks Horns With Chinese Partners
- 2Audit Uncovers Five Problems Plaguing Corporate China
- 3Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
- 4China to Accelerate SOE Consolidation in Bid to Build Corporate Giants
- 5Tencent Shares Hit Record High After Investment Invitation From State Rail Operator
- 1Brand USA launches its award-winning giant screen film “National Parks Adventure” on Youku
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas