Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
(Beijing) — In China, local government officials will no longer be able to get away with bad decisions on debt management even after their terms of office end.
Among the decisions from the National Financial Work Conference, concluded on Saturday, President Xi Jinping said local officials will be held accountable for life for their debt-management decisions. Officials who are found ignoring the risks of building up debt while pursuing economic growth will be pursued even after their terms end.
- 1China Faces Daunting Challenges as Senior Care Comes of Age
- 2Cabinet Outlines Curbs on ‘Irrational’ Outbound Investment
- 3Schools for Migrant Children Vanishing as Beijing Combats Population Growth
- 4Is Sci-Fi the Next Big Chinese Cultural Export After Kung Fu?
- 5China Tells Foreign Investors: All Aboard
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas