Trial Probes Depth of BOCOM Loan Scam
By staff reporters Fang Huilei, He Xin, Luo Jieqi and Yu Ning
( Magazine) After a nearly two-year investigation, a trial is under way in Guangdong Province in a fraud case involving a missing banker, a businessman with two surnames, and an estimated 9 billion yuan in illegal loans.
But a major suspect – Liu Changming, a former regional president for the Bank of Communications (BOCOM) – remains at large.
- 1Two China Firms Miss $526 Million Bond Payments as Woes Grow
- 2Exclusive: Founder Warns of ‘Extremely Tight’ Liquidity After Bond Default
- 3Overseas Deposits Pour Into Singapore’s Banks
- 4In Depth: Is China’s Once-Booming P2P Sector Facing a Dead End?
- 5World’s Most Famous Hedge Funds Battle for Recognition in China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas