For China's Wealthy, Charitable Giving Hurts
Investment magnate Warren Buffett and the world's richest man Bill Gates promised to donate most of their wealth to charitable causes. They also want the rest of the planet's gilded class to follow, including China's nouveau riche.
The two men pitched their case at invitation-only dinners across the United States over the past year, urging Americans with deep pockets to give away assets. Their so-called Giving Pledge so far has won dozens of American individuals and families.
- 1Exclusive: Huawei Smartphone Manufacturer Halts Production at Changsha Plant, Sources Say
- 2Officials Deny Reports That Three Gorges Dam Is Structurally Unsound
- 3Huawei Gets Green Light to Develop High-Precision Maps
- 4Controversial Chinese Blockchain Entrepreneur Invites Trump to Buffett’s Charity Lunch
- 5Exclusive: Camsing Global Becomes Focus of Fraud Probe
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas