For China's Wealthy, Charitable Giving Hurts
Investment magnate Warren Buffett and the world's richest man Bill Gates promised to donate most of their wealth to charitable causes. They also want the rest of the planet's gilded class to follow, including China's nouveau riche.
The two men pitched their case at invitation-only dinners across the United States over the past year, urging Americans with deep pockets to give away assets. Their so-called Giving Pledge so far has won dozens of American individuals and families.
- 1Cover Story: The Mystery of $2 Billion of Loans Backed by Fake Gold
- 2Dialogue with Jared Diamond: Global Pandemic and Crisis Management
- 3Exclusive: China Plans to Grant Securities Licenses to Commercial Banks
- 4EU May Open Borders to Chinese Travelers if Beijing Reciprocates
- 5China Business Digest: Luckin Coffee to be Kicked Off Nasdaq; U.S. Sets Record for New Covid-19 Cases in a Single Day
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas