State Council Gives Green Light for Debt-to-Equity Swap Trials
(Beijing) – The government has signaled that it is pushing forward with a program to allow debt-to-equity swaps as part of a strategy to deal with trillions of yuan of corporate loans at risk of turning sour.
The State Council, China's cabinet, released a policy, published in full by the official Xinhua News Agency on July 18, which says financial institutions will be allowed to hold equity in enterprises on a trial basis.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas