State Council Gives Green Light for Debt-to-Equity Swap Trials
(Beijing) – The government has signaled that it is pushing forward with a program to allow debt-to-equity swaps as part of a strategy to deal with trillions of yuan of corporate loans at risk of turning sour.
The State Council, China's cabinet, released a policy, published in full by the official Xinhua News Agency on July 18, which says financial institutions will be allowed to hold equity in enterprises on a trial basis.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas