NGO questions Xinxiang's claim it bought all cadmium-laced wheat
(Beijing) – The environmental group that recently uncovered cadmium-tainted wheat in Xinxiang, Henan Province, said it is still investigating the local government's claim that it had bought the entire contaminated stock.
Cui Wenjun, head of the district's Environmental Protection Bureau, told Caixin on Aug 29 that the Xinxiang government had bought from the summer harvest an undisclosed amount of wheat that was suspected of being contaminated with the carcinogenic soft metal.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas