China Expels 45 National Lawmakers Amid Vote-Buying Scandal
(Beijing) — China's top legislature has expelled 45 lawmakers, or nearly half the number elected from Liaoning province, over a bribery and vote-buying scandal.
The decision — announced at a highly unusual emergency meeting of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC) on Tuesday — comes after a two-year investigation by the Communist Party's anti-graft watchdog into election fraud in the northeastern province.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas