Banking Authority Official Named to Key Economic Policy-Making Panel
(Beijing) — China has appointed Liao Min, head of the banking regulatory authority in Shanghai, to a position in a central economic leading group, a move that makes him one of the elite economic policy advisers for President Xi Jinping, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
Liao, 48, has been named bureau director in charge of international economic affairs in the Office of the Central Leading Group for Financial and Economic Affairs. The group, a policy-making panel led by Xi, is responsible for drafting annual and five-year economic development plans, as well as researching and studying general economic conditions.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas