CBRC Targets Pledged Assets in Bid to Cut Credit Risks
(Beijing) — China's banking regulator has introduced a policy to improve the management of pledged assets in a bid to protect commercial lenders against credit risks amid a frothy housing market and volatile stock market.
The China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) on Friday rolled out draft guidelines on the management of collateral assets that commercial lenders accept to enhance the credit quality of borrowers. The draft, pending public review until Jan. 15, presents clear requirements for the classification, value assessment, and stress tests of assets pledged.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas