WeChat Cracks Down on Online Donations for Unauthorized Religious Services
(Beijing) — China's most widely used messaging service, WeChat, is clamping down on bogus religious organizations selling spiritual services on its app.
Users who are not registered religious organizations are no longer allowed to solicit donations to perform virtual or real rituals, Chinese tech giant Tencent Holdings Ltd., which owns WeChat, said in an announcement Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas