Alibaba Sues Two Taobao Merchants for Selling Counterfeits
(Beijing) —Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has sued two merchants on its Taobao online marketplace for allegedly selling counterfeit watches, as the e-commerce giant seeks to convince observers that it’s serious about fighting piracy.
Alibaba is suing two sellers of fake Swarovski-brand watches in a court in the southern boomtown of Shenzhen. The lawsuits seek 1.4 million yuan ($201,000) in damages for contract and goodwill violations.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas