Nobel Laureate Tu Youyou Becomes First Female to Win China’s Top Science Award
Nearly 45 years after the discovery that got her the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine in 2015, pharmacologist Tu Youyou has finally received some official recognition at home, winning China’s top government science award on Monday.
Tu, credited with the discovery of artemisinin to treat malaria, became the first female scientist to win China's top science and technology award. Also winning was physicist Zhao Zhongxian, a leading physicist specializing in superconductive materials.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas