Chinese Securities Firm Guotai Junan Applies to List in Hong Kong
(Hong Kong) — Guotai Junan Securities Co. Ltd., one of China’s largest securities companies, applied to list on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on Thursday.
The firm was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2015 and its subsidiary, Guotai Junan International Holdings Ltd., was listed in Hong Kong in 2010.
The China Securities Regulatory Commission has approved the potential listing in Hong Kong, Guotai Junan said in a Shanghai Stock Exchange filing on Friday.
Guotai said that it will use the funds from the Hong Kong listing, about HK$15.6 billion ($2 billion) according to market observers, to improve four core parts of its business — institutional finance, personal finance, investment management and international business.
Institutional and personal finance are the firm’s main revenue engines, accounting for 32.2% and 41.4% of total revenue respectively in the first nine months of 2016, while investment management saw the largest gain of 165.7% in the same period from a year earlier, according to the application.
Securities firms from mainland China have flocked to Hong Kong for initial public offerings since 2016, with the total number standing at 13. Seven are listed in both the Chinese mainland and in Hong Kong, including China Merchant Securities Co. Ltd., Everbright Securities Co. Ltd., Citic Securities Co. Ltd. and GF Securities Co. Ltd.
Contact reporter Coco Feng (email@example.com)
Jun 02 16:29
Jun 02 14:45
Jun 02 12:04
Jun 02 05:38
Jun 02 05:35
Jun 01 17:41
Jun 01 12:22
May 29 18:23
May 29 18:04
May 29 12:40
May 28 16:02
May 28 12:52
- 1In Depth: Huawei’s Chip Dreams in Crosshairs of Latest U.S. Assault
- 2Premier Sends ‘Powerful’ Signal for China to Join Asia-Pacific’s Largest Trade Pact
- 3Despite Stalling Tactics, Luckin Likely to Get Thrown Off Wall Street: Experts
- 4China Won’t Ease Curbs on International Flights as Fast as Expected
- 5New Studies Add to Growing Evidence of Widespread Asymptomatic Covid-19 Infection
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas