Increased Interbank Borrowing Causes Concern
(Beijing) — It’s common for banks to lend to each other, but when taken to extremes, the economy suffers and risks pile up.
This is what worried China’s central bank regulators when they found out that many banks had been using borrowed money to buy other banks’ wealth management products. Rather than going to make loans to companies, funds are flowing through the wealth management departments of several banks, then piling into the bond market, inflating bond prices and fanning speculation.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas