Sun Art Shares Halted Amid Rumors Over Alibaba Bid
(Beijing) — Sun Art Retail Group Ltd., the parent of China’s largest grocery chain, asked for its shares to be suspended in Hong Kong on Friday amid speculation that the company is in talks to sell its supermarket operation, RT-Mart, to e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
Shares in Sun Art, the biggest hypermarket operator in China, jumped 6.5% to HK$8.70 ($1.12) on Friday morning before the suspension, their highest level in two years, after Chinese media reported that the two companies were in discussions.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas