Foreign Exchange Chief Seeks to Reassure on Capital Controls
(Beijing) – Foreign companies can repatriate their profits overseas provided they comply with official requirements, Pan Gongsheng, China’s foreign exchange regulator, told Caixin, seeking to address concerns that capital controls aimed at halting an exodus of money are hurting business operations.
Pan, who heads the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE), made the comments in an interview with Caixin, where he discussed the measures authorities have taken over the past several months to rein in capital outflows and stop the drain on China’s foreign-exchange reserves.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas