Alibaba Sweeps Out Taobao Pirates, But Fakes Remain in the Cracks
(Beijing) – A quick search suggests glaringly fake, incredibly inexpensive "Rolex" watches and "Louis Vuitton" handbags have finally vanished from Taobao, the Alibaba-owned website that dominates online retailing in China.
Alibaba, it seems, has made good on a promise to sweep Taobao clean of counterfeits, including fake luxury products.
Alibaba ramped up a long-running, anti-piracy campaign in December after Taobao was slammed as a knockoff platform in an annual Notorious Markets report issued by the American government's U.S. Trade Representative. The company is also getting pressure from the Chinese government to clean up its act.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas