Award-Winning Sci-Fi Writer Hao Jingfang Sets Her Sights Closer to Home
Sunlight is so scarce that it is rationed based on income. And Beijing is divided into three different physical layers for the elite, middle class and underclass, where people cannot travel between layers and rarely interact.
These are the grim scenes etched in author Hao Jingfang’s dystopian novelette Folding Beijing that won a Hugo Award in 2016, beating veterans like Stephen King. And although it is science-fiction, the story hits close to home for many Beijingers.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas