HNA Jets Into Global Marketplace
Private-equity buyer HNA Group was back in the headlines this week with an announcement that it would buy Singaporean logistics specialist CWT Ltd. for nearly $1 billion. That came just a month after HNA agreed to pay $775 million for 51% of the oil products and logistics business of Swiss trading and mining giant Glencore PLC, extending a dizzying stream of overseas buying over the last three years. The largest of those include its agreements last year to pay $6.5 billion for a quarter of hotel giant Hilton Inc., and its $6 billion purchase of computer parts distributor Ingram Micro Inc.
- 1Cover Story: The Vision of Singapore’s Next Prime Minister
- 2Local Chinese Governments Paid $148 Billion in Interest in 2022
- 3In Depth: What’s in Store for Yuan Internationalization in 2023?
- 4Weekend Long Read: What Jack Ma Taught Me in 1999
- 5U.S. Seeks ‘Guardrails’ in China Talks to Avoid Conflict, State Department Says
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas