Missed Goals Mar Online Sports Broadcaster’s Track Record
A little more than a year ago, the online sports broadcaster LeSports was busy pursuing a grand vision embodied in a grand marketing slogan: “No Chinese Super League without LeSports.”
LeSports, a subsidiary of the Chinese tech conglomerate LeEco, appeared well on its way to becoming one of the country’s dominant broadcasters of major sporting events.
LeSports had spent the previous two years buying broadcasting rights for a smorgasbord of 310 domestic and international sporting events, including European soccer matches and North American basketball games, in hopes China’s hundreds of millions of armchair athletics fans would “turn to LeSports whenever they wanted to watch any sports,” a former company employee told Caixin.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas