Bollywood Flick Wrestling Gender Stereotypes Wins at China Box Office
(Beijing)—A gritty Indian film that wrestles heavyweight issues including gender inequality, strict parenting and corruption in the sporting world has become China's highest-grossing non-Hollywood foreign movie.
Dangal, an inspirational tale based on the real-life story of a retired wrestler who coaches his two daughters to become world-class grapplers, has raked in 838 million yuan ($122 million) in fewer than three weeks after opening on May 5, according to box office tracker Maoyan.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas