Sharp Tries to Pull Plug on U.S. Trademark Contract With Hisense
(Beijing) — Sharp Corp. is seeking to pull the plug on a trademark contract in the U.S. with Chinese TV maker Hisense Co. Ltd. for allegedly “cutting corners on quality,” as the Japanese electronics-maker filed a court action against Hisense for devaluing its name.
The leading LCD TV-maker is reneging on a 5-year branding license for its TV business, an agreement signed before the arrival of a new owner, Taiwanese manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group. Foxconn is now actively looking to leverage the Sharp brand to boost worldwide growth in its consumer electronics.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas