UnionPay Struggles in Increasingly Cashless China
(Beijing) — UnionPay, China’s largest card-payment network operator, is struggling to stay relevant in an increasingly cashless economy.
Despite its recent tie-up with online retailer JD.com Inc., the first with a third-party payment service provider, market watchers believe the partnership may not meaningfully help UnionPay regain traffic lost to QR-code-based platforms, dominated by WeChat Pay and Alipay.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas