Battery Factory Boom Leaves Toxic Legacy
(Xinxiang, Henan province) — Red dust coated the battery factory floor, and red haze colored everything Li Mingjian cast his eyes on after a long day on the job.
Li, 38, was hired in 2000 by Henan Huanyu Power Source Co. to assemble steel-case storage batteries using cadmium oxide electrodes and sponged cadmium. He did so with his bare hands even though the reddish cadmium oxide was poisonous.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas