Trump Short-Circuits China-Linked Purchase of U.S. Chipmaker
U.S. high-tech chipmaker Lattice Semiconductor Corp. said it has terminated its plan to be purchased by a China-backed buyer, after U.S. President Donald Trump ordered the two sides to scrap the deal over national security concerns.
The decision comes nearly a year after Lattice first announced the plan to sell itself to a group led by private equity firm Canyon Bridge Capital Partners for $1.3 billion. It also follows several attempts to salvage the plan with mitigating steps after Washington voiced previous concerns. Despite those efforts, the two sides were unable to reach an agreement that satisfied everyone, Lattice said in a statement late on Wednesday in the U.S.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas