Despite Cryptocurrency Curbs, China Backs Underlying Technology
Despite a sweeping ban on cryptocurrency fundraising and trading, China is still a staunch believer in blockchain, the underlying technology of cryptocurrencies.
The China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (CAICT), a research institution under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, on Tuesday launched the Trusted Blockchain Open Lab, the first government-led initiative to support blockchain technology development.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 5Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas