China’s Sweeping Pollution Crackdown Puts Chill on Economy
(Jiyang county, Shandong province) — At first, he was dumbstruck. Then panic set in before the urge to resist took over Liu, a businessman from Shandong, when environmental inspectors told him to shut down his small backyard factory in May.
Liu’s factory, which produces machine components, is among tens of thousands of businesses that were ordered to close shop by the end of September or shell out thousands of yuan to upgrade their pollution-control facilities as part of a nationwide government crackdown on polluters.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas