China Taps Brakes on New-Energy Car Quota Rollout
China will delay the rollout of a plan requiring all carmakers to promote new-energy vehicle sales after manufacturers complained they would have difficulty meeting state-set quotas by the original start date.
Beijing is heavily promoting new-energy vehicles in a bid to clean up the country’s air and promote homegrown technologies that can be exported. But after experiencing problems with incentives to promote the sector, the government has switched gears to a quota system that will force traditional automakers to add new-energy cars to their sales mix.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas